Step into the mind-blowing world of VFX with The VFX Festival! Escape Studios has created the first ever four-day festival exploring the breathtaking world of visual effects, held in London on 10th-13th October.
Celebrating a decade of UK visual effects, the festival will be packed with the most respected VFX talent, visionaries and companies who have helped shape the industry. Offering inspirational insight behind the clever trickery in this booming VFX industry, with an exciting four-day programme packed with insider knowledge and information, showreel demos, hands-on workshops and exclusive premieres, it's perfect for those with a creative talent or thirst to develop their VFX Career.
Sponsored by industry software giant Autodesk, the festival will take people behind the scenes of some of Hollywood’s most captivating films including Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, Prometheus, X-Men and John Carter. Cinesite, Framestore, The Mill, Saddington Baynes, Pixomondo, MPC, Double Negative and Glassworks will be among the many leading VFX and production houses sharing their expertise in this unique opportunity to delve into a side of the movie industry rarely seen or understood, with ambassadors from each divulging their knowledge to attendees.
The full festival programe is going to be published soon but here's a snippet of some of the festival highlights;
Wednesday 10th October (From 6PM)
* Framestore: Harry Potter Tribute: From Dobby to Kreacher - Nico Scapel (Head of Rigging).
* MPC: Prometheus stereography: with Damien Fagnou.
* Cinesite: Inspiring the next generation - Cinesite’s recruiter’s will offer practical advice on how to make your showreel stand out from the crowd. They’ll highlight what they’re looking for in the next batch of Inspirees.
Thursday 11th October (From 6PM)
* Framestore: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - Sirio Quintavalle (VFX Supervisor).
* Pixomondo: VFX on Oscar winning Hugo.
* MPC: Wrath of the Titans - Creature Animation - Greg Fisher.
* Cinesite: How to become a VFX Supervisor - Through Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, X-Men: The Last Stand and The Golden Compass, to John Carter.
Friday 12th October (From 6PM)
* Framestore: Nuke and TV Commercials - Russell Dodgson & William Bartlett - Head of Nuke & Head of 2D
* Cinesite: Small Talk, Little Money, Big Ideas - Simon Stanley–Clamp will give a talk about the ways of creating fabulous looking VFX for a fraction of the cost
* MPC: Prometheus Compositing
Saturday 13th October (From 9AM)
* Exclusive Recruitment Panel: Open Q & A. Put your career and questions to the recruiters from The Mill, Pixomondo, Double Negative and Framestore
At just £10 for students and £20 for professionals, tickets are selling like hot cakes! Places are limited though so make sure you buy your VFX Festival ticket today!