The Art and Science of Visual Effects
What is VFX all about? It’s about creating breath-taking images, making what was once deemed impossible, possible and generating something that looks so real you could almost touch it. Once the modelling, animation, texturing and lighting are done its time to render it - and one man who has invested a lot of hours in this area is The Mill's Head of Maya Development, Suraj Harrington-Odedra.
Giving you a taste of how the professionals approach rendering, Suraj will cover:
- Linear colour spaces and why they're important
- How to set up mental ray and unified sampling
- Lighting rigs vs. HDRIs
- Using mia_material for physically plausible shading
- Developing a lighting reel to get a job in the industry
- How you can invest the time spent waiting for renders learning a new skill
During this webinar, Suraj will show that when it comes to creating believable visual effects, it comes down to using a combination of artistic and scientific principles to create realistic-looking illumination, shadows, and textures. By apply professional lighting and rendering techniques inside a 3D software package like Maya, you can achieve outstanding results every time.
Want to know more about the art of visual effects? Book your place on this free webinar.
This webinar took place on 30th October 2013. A recording will be available for you soon.