Welcome to ESCAPE Studios – The Visual Effects Academy. We take students with raw talent and big aspirations and shape them into the finished article demanded by today’s world-leading VFX studios. If you commit the time, passion, and hard work necessary, we promise an unparalleled, industry-focused training experience that will change your life. It’s all based on six fundamentals we call ESCAPISM.
We’ll help you Escape to the Career of your dreams
Bold words, but they are also true. Our number one priority and the guiding mission in everything that we do—from intensive training programs and career counseling, through to VFX community immersion—is all to help students prepare for and land great jobs in the dynamic VFX industry.
We’ll make you studio ready
Our curriculum, facilities, and methodology—in fact every aspect of our learning experience—is designed to mimic the very latest professional studio practices. Our graduates are ready to hit-the-ground-running on day one of employment.
We’ll teach you through hands-on high intensity training
Students absorb VFX complexity far more effectively through intense practical application. By using a combination of intimate classroom (or online) training, rigorous practical challenges, and lots of one-on-one tutor time, ESCAPEEs leave with up-to-the-minute knowledge that sticks.
We’ll immerse you in the latest industry Knowledge
Our faculty, guest tutors, and advisory board all hail from some of the best studios and most amazing productions in the industry. Combine that with our close ties to software manufacturers, world-leading studios, and a host of industry luminaries, and it means ESCAPEEs enjoy a cutting-edge VFX culture and knowledge-pool that is second to none.
We’ll transform you into a visual junkie
From the sublimely aesthetic to the technically audacious, and everything in between, our culture bleeds passion for the art and science of visual effects. No matter where you are when you start with us, all ESCAPEEs graduate with VFX adrenaline running through their veins.
We’ll induct you into the vibrant Escapee Alumni
Every graduating student is welcomed into the ESCAPEE Alumni, a global and connected community of over 2000 ESCAPEEs that are working in every facet of visual effects and at some of the best VFX shops in the business.
A Studio Environment for Studio-Ready Learning
- The Academy emulates the hip and dynamic spaces of real-world studios
- Our classrooms recreate the technology, collaborative workspaces, and overall atmosphere found in today’s top VFX shops.
- Professional, collaborative work ethic
- ESCAPE is located in the heart of London’s Shepherds Bush, a thriving creative neighborhood.
- The whole campus emulates a real-world production environment
- Intimate classroom training is highly focused and limited to only 12 students.
- Workstations feature the latest VFX software on high-spec hardware
- VFX culture and art references are everywhere you look!
- Students get to learn in a creatively buzzing, state-of-the-art environment, while getting an authentic taste of their career workplaces to come.
Did you know?
- We have a Communal Break Out Space:
- Where you can drink bottomless FREE coffee!
- Final reel presentations:
- Take place after your course finishes
- We have Filmclub Night:
- Catch-up on latest releases & exclusive behind the scenes breakdowns
- The VFX Bar:
- Is a great spot to relax and talk pixels
- Shoot Pool at the bar:
- It’s the favourite gathering spot for a beer after a tough day of learning
Once an Escapee, Always an Escapee
Beyond the many individual careers we’ve helped to shape, one of our proudest achievements is the evolving ESCAPEE community. Bonded by a passion for visual effects and the intensive, right-of-passage education they shared, the alumni is highly respected throughout the industry and continues to socialize, network, and create value together as their individual careers grow.
- Over 2000 ESCAPEEs work in TV commercials, video gaming, movies..
- They’ve found amazing careers at the best VFX shops in the industry
- They work at Weta, Dreamworks, Framestore, Double Negative, The Mill, MPC
- ESCAPEEs have worked on award-winning productions
- Hugo, The Dark Knight, Inception and Avatar, The Golden Compass and more
- ESCAPEEs frequently come back to share their stories, attend quarterly reunions,
- Escapees come back to the bar, just to hang out
- Many continue to stay connected and active in our Facebook community
- Adam Dewhirst modeled the bears in the Oscar-winning movie The Golden Compass…
- Amy Cuthbertson who, as Head of Tracking at The Mill Film, was Matchmove supervisor on Snow White and the Huntsman
And one thing most ESCAPEEs tell us: they just LOVE their graduating mug-shot and T-shirt!
Join us at our London campus for an advisor-guided tour. You’ll get a broad understanding of the VFX industry, a potential career path within it, and the ESCAPE experience to get you there.
Here’s what to expect.
Learn about the specialized jobs in VFX and Compositing
Understand the ESCAPE course options & which suit you
Be a fly-on-the-wall at an Accelerated Classroom session
Review successful student reels
Get a deeper understanding of what studio-ready means
Learn about student perks and soak up the atmosphere
Head to the VFX bar for a drink and to ask any burning questions
For those of you living in distant lands, or thinking about studying VFX online or relocating to London, take our virtual tour. We cover the main points listed above and will guide you through the ESCAPE experience. You’ll just need to buy your own drink at the end!
Sounds great right? Just give us a call at 0207 3481920 or fill out the form to schedule your Academy Tour today.