Another year another SIGGRAPH and what a packed in week it was. This year, LA didn't just give us earthquakes, heat waves and the biggest burritos known to man but also a full week of presentations from some of the biggest and newest studios plus an exhibition hall packed with the latest technology from around the world.
Here is a quick summary and a few favourites from last week. These are just some of the things to check out:
- This year’s SIGGRAPH seemed to be the year of the 3D printer, there were so many on display it was almost like it was a show just for them!
- Marvellous Designer exhibited Marvellous Designer 2, cloth simulation software as used on the recent Passion Pictures commercial for the BBC coverage of the Olympics.
- PI-VR displayed real-time render software VRED.
- Pixologic showed the power of ZBrush R4R.
- ZYNC previewed the first cloud based rendering service already working with Maya, NUKE, V-Ray and coming soon in the near future, Arnold.
- Our friends at The Foundry presented at SIGGRAPH for the first time ever with their speakers exhibiting deep compositing, HIERO workflows and their recent price promotion of The Summer Sale.
- FusionIO previewed the new Fusion IOFX board and had everyone weak at the knees at the eye watering data streaming speeds!
- Autodesk highlighted the new Smoke 2013 on Mac and conveniently record their demos to view at your leisure right here