Why take this short course?
- Gain a fast-track introduction to producing for visual effects
- A part time evening course where you can learn the tools used to project manage VFX production jobs
- Gain a strong knowledge of 2D and 3D VFX pipelines
- Become a confident member of the VFX production team
- Learn how to interpret scripts to create VFX breakdowns and budgets
- VFX production training from a seasoned industry professional
Who is this course for?
- Those currently working in the industry wanting to step up to VFX Producer
- Professionals too busy to gain these essential skills on the job
- Juniors looking to learn the skills needed to progress in the VFX production team
- Anyone who wants to learn more about the VFX Pipeline and how to produce for VFX
- Still have questions? Get an advisor to call you back!
- London, UK
- Tues and Thurs: 7pm - 9pm
- 4 Weeks
- Start Dates:
- FTrack, Microsoft Excel, Word
- Course Tutor:
- Hasraf Dulull
Essential skills for VFX producers and co-ordinators
With very few courses of this kind, we’re bringing visual effects producing to the classroom equipping you with the skills to become an influential member of the VFX production team. Often the unsung heroes of the VFX industry, the production team play the essential role of holding the entire production together, responsible for delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Intensive vocational learning from industry professionals
- Access to Ftrack and Assimilate Scratch licenses
- Example documents used on professional industry projects
This course is perfect…
- For anyone with a keen interest in visual effects and film making
- For people fluent in written and spoken English
- If you are confident working with new technology
- If you understand the basics of filmmaking
- For highly motivated people with strong organisation and communication skills
- If you enjoy motivating, leading and working closely with a creative team
Want to know more?
Get in touch with our Admissions Team
Starting out as a Research and Planning Executive at a creative branding consultancy, Finola had always longed to work in the film industry, having originally studied the subject at university.
COMPANY: The Mill
FAVOURITE YOUTUBE CLIP: Christian The Lion
FAVOURITE PROJECTS: Three little pigs - The Guardian
WHY VFX? Finola saw Escape Studios compositing course as an opportunity to build her knowledge of 2D and 3D techniques, and ultimately as her route into the VFX industry. She believed that given the nature of Compositing—the combination of all VFX elements into a final piece—Escape’s Compositing for Production would be "the best route to understand the VFX pipeline for a future career in production."
ABOUT: After leaving Escape, Finola gained experience as a runner and then a Games Production Assistant at The Mill, before taking up the role of Production Assistant at Pixomondo. Finola’s experience and knowledge of the industry has led her to understand that her strengths and interests lie more in the coordination and production side of VFX, rather than necessarily working as a VFX artist, and she has since returned to The Mill, where she has taken on the role of Production Assistant.
ADVICE: Finola’s words of wisdom to all of those aspiring Compositors out there are: “you only get out of it what you are prepared put in. The success stories you hear are from people who worked extremely hard, and you will be expected to work extremely hard in the industry—it’s not something to pick up on a whim, nor is it for the faint-hearted!”
Our open days often feature guest industry speakers, so you can get a real insight into what life is like as a VFX Artist. Watch this space for more information on when our next industry guest will be joining us and also when our next Open Days will be taking place. If you'd prefer a more personal experience, you can also attend our studios for a 1-2-1 meeting with a member of our admissions team, just click here to book a 1-2-1 session.
Join us at our London campus to:
- Learn about the specialised jobs in VFX and Compositing
- Understand the course options which suit you
- Be a fly-on-the-wall in one of our classroom courses
- Review successful student reels
- Understand what skills you need to become studio-ready
- Learn about student perks and soak up the atmosphere
- Next open day: 03/9/14
Guest speaker at this open day is Eamonn Butler, Animation Director at Cinesite. Discover how Eamonn started as a traditional animator before switching to VFX. He'll be discussing his own career path as well as sharing out tips on how to build a career in the world of VFX.
Online Virtual Learning Environment Tour
If you are thinking about studying Visual Effects online, then why not arrange for an Online VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) Tour?
The purpose of the Online VLE Video Tour is to demonstrate how students use our Unique VLE system to study 3D or Compositing for VFX online. If this is something you're interested in, fill out the form to the right and select 'Online Virtual Tour' and then 'Online Tour - any date' and we'll be in touch with a link to our Online VLE Tour video.
Please email email@example.com if you need more information about our Open Day/Online Tours.