Why take this short course?
- Bring your ideas to life with Motion Graphics, combining video, text, audio, graphic design, visual effects and animation
- Monday's Tutor: Thiago Maia, Co-founder and Creative Director at CAKE
- Wednesday's Tutor: JM Blay, Phd in Motion Graphics, Director and motion designer who's worked with Activision, Adobe, Sony, Paramount Pictures and BBC
- Course is designed to mirror the industry, you’ll be asked to apply techniques to real-world example assignments.
- Two 3 hour sessions each week, make this the perfect course to develop a new skill around your day job
- One internship placement up for grabs for the most promising student at the end of the course
- Develop a strong visual showreel, your calling card to the industry
Who is this course for?
- Anyone with a background in art and design and a working knowledge of Photoshop
- Anyone looking to sharpen their skillset and expand into After Effects or Cinema 4D
- For designers and artists looking to bring their ideas to life
- Graduates looking to fast-track your career in a creative industry
- Those who want professional training in your spare time. This course lets you study in the evening, two nights a week.
- Got more questions? Drop us an email and an advisor will be in touch
- London, UK
- Mon & Wed: 7pm - 10pm
- 12 Weeks
- Start Dates:
- September 29th 2014
- After Effects, Cinema 4D, Photoshop
- Course Tutors::
- Thiago Maia & JM Blay
Essential Skills for Artists and Graphic Designers
What is Motion Graphics? It's design in motion, taking your creativity to a more interactive space. Difficult to pin down in a single definition, Motion Graphics combines a variety of media, such as video, text, audio, graphic design, visual effects and animation, bringing static content to life.
For designers, this is what makes Motion Graphics so attractive. Now it’s possible to see your ideas and designs in motion, telling a story in a more complex and interactive way. It’s a craft that allows you to work across a range of industries such as film, games, TV, advertising and web design.
This course is designed to give you hands-on training in both After Effects and Cinema 4D, with particular attention placed on delivering high-end motion graphics content for clients. You'll learn what it is to bring your creative ideas to life for a fast-paced and evolving industry.
- Training in After Effects and Cinema 4D - from work methodology to animation and showreel development
- An internship at Cake: www.eatcake.tv for the most promising student in the class
- Taught by seasoned industry professionals, including JM Blay and Thiago Maia
- Fast-track vocational training to advance your career into Motion Graphics
This course is perfect for…
- Designers and artists looking to expand into Motion Graphics
- Anyone with a working knowledge of Photoshop
- Learning After Effects and Cinema 4D in the evening, around your work schedule
- Graphic design undergraduates looking to fast-track their career into an expanding industry
Want to know more?
- Get in touch with our Admissions Team
Our open days often feature guest industry speakers, so you can get a real insight into what life is like as a VFX Artist. Watch this space for more information on when our next industry guest will be joining us and also when our next Open Days will be taking place.
Join us at our London campus to:
- Learn about the specialised jobs in VFX and Compositing
- Understand the course options which suit you
- Be a fly-on-the-wall in one of our classroom courses
- Review successful student reels
- Understand what skills you need to become studio-ready
- Learn about student perks and soak up the atmosphere
- Next open day: 03/9/14
Online Virtual Learning Environment Tour
If you are thinking about studying Visual Effects online, then why not arrange for an Online VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) Tour?
The purpose of the Online VLE Video Tour is to demonstrate how students use our Unique VLE system to study 3D or Compositing for VFX online. If this is something you're interested in, fill out the form to the right and select 'Online Virtual Tour' and then 'Online Tour - any date' and we'll be in touch with a link to our Online VLE Tour video.
Please email email@example.com if you need more information about our Open Day/Online Tours.