Why take this short course?
- Monday Tutor: Thiago Maia, Co-founder and Creative Director at CAKE
- Wednesday Tutor: JM Blay, Phd in Motion Graphics, Director and motion designer who's worked with Activision, Adobe, Sony, Paramount Pictures and BBC
- The course is designed to mirror the industry, with techniques followed by real world tasks taught each week
- Two 3 hour sessions each week, make this the perfect course to improve your skills around your day job
- CAKE are offering one intern placement, and will be selecting the most promising student at the end of the course
Who is this course for?
- Anyone with design experience and knowledge of Photoshop
- Anyone looking to sharpen their skillset and expand into After Effects or Cinema 4D
- Those looking for professional learning, but haven't got time for full time study
- Got more questions? Drop us an email and an advisor will be in touch
- London, UK
- Mon & Wed: 7pm - 10pm
- 12 Weeks
- Start Dates:
- September 29th 2014
- After Effects, Cinema 4D, Photoshop
- Course Tutors::
- Thiago Maia & JM Blay
Essential Skills for the Graphic Designer
If you’re already immersed in the world of Graphic Design, you’ll understand the importance of keeping your skills up to date. After Effects isn't going away, and along with Cinema 4D these are industry standard tools used by practising Motion Graphics artists today.
This course is designed to give you hands-on training in both After Effects and Cinema 4D, with particular attention placed on delivering high-end motion graphics content for clients. You'll learn what it is to work as a Motion Graphics artist within a creative environment, preparing you for a fast-paced and evolving industry.
- Training in After Effects and Cinema 4D from work methodology to animation and showreel development
- Internship offered by Tutors at Cake: www.eatcake.tv for the most promising student out of the class
- Taught by seasoned industry professionals, including JM Blay and Thiago Maia
- Fast-track vocational training for a career in Motion Graphics
This course is perfect for…
- Designers looking to expand into Motion Graphics
- Anyone with a working knowledge of Photoshop
- Learning After Effects and Cinema 4D around your work schedule
- Graphic Design Undergraduates looking to fast-track their career into an expanding industry
Want to know more?
- Get in touch with our Admissions Team
Our open days often feature guest industry speakers, so you can get a real insight into what life is like as a VFX Artist. Watch this space for more information on when our next industry guest will be joining us and also when our next Open Days will be taking place.
Join us at our London campus to:
- Learn about the specialised jobs in VFX and Compositing
- Understand the course options which suit you
- Be a fly-on-the-wall in one of our classroom courses
- Review successful student reels
- Understand what skills you need to become studio-ready
- Learn about student perks and soak up the atmosphere
- Next open day: 6/8/14
Online Virtual Learning Enviroment Tour
If you are thinking about studying Visual Effects online, then why not arrange for an Online VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) Tour?
The purpose of the Online VLE Video Tour is to demonstrate how students use our Unique VLE system to study 3D or Compositing for VFX online. If this is something you're interested in, fill out the form to the right and select 'Online Virtual Tour' and then 'Online Tour - any date' and we'll be in touch with a link to our Online VLE Tour video.
Please email email@example.com if you need more information about our Open Day/Online Tours.