Live Webinar: The Art of Oscar-Winning 3D Modelling
We’ve teamed up with one of London’s most respected senior 3D modellers, Adam Dewhirst (the guy responsible for creating the award-winning polar bears in the "Golden Compass"), for a demonstration on how to model in 3D like a pro.
Taking examples from film productions such as "Clash of the Titans", "Xmen" and "Prince of Persia", Adam hopes to show you what it's like to work as a professional 3D artist under tight deadlines and high expectations.
What will I learn from the webinar?
- How 3D artists manage to deliver 13 different characters in a mere 3 days
- How to transfer UV's or use multiple UV tiles within a production
- How VFX studios really work - reusing models to keep pipelines consistent
- Creating accurate doubles from lidar scan data
- Methods for transferring new topology to existing models and rigs.
Adam has worked with leading VFX studios to create memorable CG characters for the big screen - some of which landed him and his team an Oscar as well as a BAFTA. Now a member of our Advisory Board, Adam helps to ensure our training fully prepares CG artists for working in the VFX industry.