Live Webinar: The Art of Oscar-Winning 3D Modeling
We’ve teamed up with one of London’s most respected senior 3D modellers, Adam Dewhirst (the guy responsible for creating the award-winning polar bears in the "Golden Compass"), for a demonstration on how to model in 3D like a pro.
Taking examples from film productions such as "Clash of the Titans", "Xmen" and "Prince of Persia", Adam hopes to show you what it's like to work as a professional 3D artist under tight deadlines and high expectations.
What will I learn from the webinar?
- How 3D artists manage to deliver 13 different characters in a mere 3 days
- How to transfer UV's or use multiple UV tiles within a production
- How VFX studios really work - reusing models to keep pipelines consistent
- Creating accurate doubles from lidar scan data
- Methods for transferring new topology to existing models and rigs.
Adam has worked with leading VFX studios to create memorable CG characters for the big screen - some of which landed him and his team an Oscar as well as a BAFTA. Now a member of our Advisory Board, Adam helps to ensure our training fully prepares CG artists for working in the VFX industry.
This webinar took place on 20 February 2014.
If you missed it, fear not! A recording will be available for you soon.
Want to view this recording and others like it? Sign up for our newsletter >>