Why take this short course?
- Most major Film/TV facilities are now using Houdini within their VFX pipeline.
- Games studios are using Houdini to create assets and simulations.
- Learn essential skills from a seasoned industry pro around your working hours
- Gain hands-on knowledge of the pipeline, from modelling, simulation, and then rendering.
Who is this course for?
- People with an intermediate knowledge of 3D graphics and an aim to move towards a TD role.
- Professionals too busy to gain these essential skills on the job
- Juniors looking to learn the skills in the latest software and progress into the 3D realm.
- Still have questions? Get an advisor to call you back!
- London, UK
- Mon & Wed: 7pm - 10pm
- 4 Weeks
- Start Dates:
- Course Tutor:
- Mark Spevick
Essential skills for advanced 3D Artists
Houdini is fast becoming industry standard software, with all of the major VFX facilities making use of it's extremely versatile and powerful capabilities. This course has been closely tailored to industry needs, and is designed to give participants a foundation knowledge of the essential skills required to start mastering Houdini.
- An introduction to VFX production techniques inside Houdini.
- Training in 3D skills that range across the entire pipeline, from modelling through to simulation and rendering.
This course is perfect for…
- Anyone working in the VFX industry who would like to advance on their current skillset.
- People working fulltime and need to learn outside their normal working hours.
- Anyone with an existing knowledge of 3D computer graphics, and want to start working with a high-end 3D application.
Want to know more?
Get in touch with our Admissions Team
Our Open Days often feature guest industry speakers, so you can get a real insight into what life is like as a VFX Artist. Watch this space for more information on when our next industry guest will be joining us and also when our next Open Days will be taking place. If you'd prefer a more personal experience, you can also attend our studios for a 1-2-1 meeting with a member of our admissions team, just click here to Book a 1-2-1 session.
Next Industry speaker: 15th October, Paul Franklin
Join us at our London campus to:
- Learn about the specialised jobs in VFX and Compositing
- Understand the course options which suit you
- Be a fly-on-the-wall in one of our classroom courses
- Review successful student reels
- Understand what skills you need to become studio-ready
- Learn about student perks and soak up the atmosphere
Online Virtual Learning Environment Tour
If you are thinking about studying Visual Effects online, then why not arrange for an Online VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) Tour?
The purpose of the Online VLE Video Tour is to demonstrate how students use our Unique VLE system to study 3D or Compositing for VFX online. If this is something you're interested in, fill out the form to the right and select 'Online Virtual Tour' and then 'Online Tour - any date' and we'll be in touch with a link to our Online VLE Tour video.
Please email email@example.com if you need more information about our Open Days or Online Tours.