Why take this short course?
- Most major Film/TV facilities are now using Houdini within their VFX pipeline.
- Games studios are using Houdini to create assets and simulations.
- Learn essential skills from a seasoned industry pro around your working hours
- Gain hands-on knowledge of the pipeline, from modelling, simulation, and then rendering.
Who is this course for?
- People with an intermediate knowledge of 3D graphics and an aim to move towards a TD role.
- Professionals too busy to gain these essential skills on the job
- Juniors looking to learn the skills in the latest software and progress into the 3D realm.
- Still have questions? Get an advisor to call you back!
- London, UK
- Mon & Wed: 7pm - 10pm
- 4 Weeks
- Start Dates:
- March 16th 2015
- Course Tutor:
- Mark Spevick
Essential skills for advanced 3D Artists
Houdini is fast becoming industry standard software, with all of the major VFX facilities making use of it's extremely versatile and powerful capabilities. This course has been closely tailored to industry needs, and is designed to give participants a foundation knowledge of the essential skills required to start mastering Houdini.
- An introduction to VFX production techniques inside Houdini.
- Training in 3D skills that range across the entire pipeline, from modelling through to simulation and rendering.
This course is perfect for…
- Anyone working in the VFX industry who would like to advance on their current skillset.
- People working fulltime and need to learn outside their normal working hours.
- Anyone with an existing knowledge of 3D computer graphics, and want to start working with a high-end 3D application.
Want to know more?
Get in touch with our Admissions Team
At the Open Day you'll have the opportunity to see first-hand what happens at our studio based in London. You'll get he opportunity to meet the team, learn more about the courses we offer as well as take a peak in the studios and see what our students are currently working on.
Join us at our London campus to:
- Learn about the specialised jobs in VFX and Compositing
- Understand the course options which suit you
- Be a fly-on-the-wall in one of our classroom courses
- Review successful student reels
- Understand what skills you need to become studio-ready
- Learn about student perks and soak up the atmosphere
Our Open Days sometimes feature guest industry speakers as well, so you can get a real insight into what life is like as a VFX Artist.
Upcoming industry speaker
Our next open day will be on November 26th
How to register for an Open Day
To book for an on campus Open Day simply fill out the form on the right hand side and our admissions team will be in touch to confirm your booking. You will also be sent more information about getting to Escape Studios and the programme for the day.
Get in touch
Feel free to email email@example.com if you have any other questions or would like more information about our Open Days.
Book a 1-2-1 advisory session
If you'd prefer to speak to an Advisor direct about your training options, you can also attend our studios for a 1-2-1 with one of our friendly admissions team, just click here to Book a 1-2-1 session.
Register for an Online VLE Tour
If you are interested in studying with us online, why not register for the Online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) Tour. This short video will take you through how the VLE works and the resources, tutorials and webinars which our students have access to. Register for Online VLE Tour here and we shall send you a link to access this.