Why take this course?
- Get a hands-on insight into our compositing course and how we teach VFX online
- Sample life as a VFX Compositor
- Complete a production grade shot from “Dr Who”
- Be introduced to the industry’s standard compositing tool, NUKE
- Rebuild an entire scene from scratch
- Be introduced to rotoscoping, grading and keying techniques
- Work with matte paintings, 3D geometry, live action plates featuring actors and smoke elements
What this course gives you
- Access to Escape’s unique online learning platform
- Q&A support if you need it
- Access to our online community and classroom wall
- Feedback from a tutor on your assignment in week two
- A brief overview of some techniques and processes from our Compositing course
- Want to know more? Sign up here to watch our live classroom demo
- Can't choose between Compositing for Visual Effects and 3D for Visual Effects? Try both
- For access to a free NUKE licence on this course, we recommend you download the Free 15 day trial from The Foundry
- Two Weeks
- Start Dates:
- March 24th 2014
- April 28th 2014
- May 27th 2014
- June 23rd 2014
- If you wish to take the Compositing for Visual Effects two-week online taster course, use NUKE Free 15 Day Trial:
- If you wish to take the 3D for Visual Effects two-week online taster course, use NUKE Personal Learning Edition (PLE):
- For more details, please read our Terms & Conditions below:
Are you a natural visual effects Compositor?
Find out on our two-week online taster course where you’ll be introduced to professional compositing techniques as well as the industry’s standard tool, NUKE. The role of a Compositor is essential in creating of flawless visual effects, and is a department that needs talented and creative people like you.
This course is perfect...
- For getting a taste of how we teach VFX online
- To find out more about the art of illusion - compositing for visual effects
- To see if learning online is right for you
- To sample the role of a professional compositor
Who is this course for?
- Beginners or more experienced artists - this course adapts to suit all levels
- Anyone who wants to find out more about the art of compositing
- Anyone who is thinking of taking a course with us and would like to try it first
- Busy professionals who need a course that fits with their schedule
Want to know more?
Get in touch with our Admissions Team
NB: If you wish to do both Compositing for VFX and 3D for VFX Online Tasters, please be advised you should complete the 2D taster using a 15 day trial version of NUKE software and complete the 3D for VFX Taster using a PLE version of NUKE software.
*Please note this course requires access to a 64 bit Operating system
Our open days often feature guest industry speakers, so you can get a real insight into what life is like as a VFX Artist. Watch this space for more information on when our next industry guest will be joining us and also when our next Open Days will be taking place.
Join us at our London campus to:
- Learn about the specialised jobs in VFX and Compositing
- Understand the course options which suit you
- Be a fly-on-the-wall in one of our classroom courses
- Review successful student reels
- Understand what skills you need to become studio-ready
- Learn about student perks and soak up the atmosphere
The next open day is Wednesday 19th of March
If you're thinking about studying VFX online or coming to London then why not take our virtual tour?
We'll cover everything you get on a campus tour, and guide you through the Escape experience. Sounds great right? Fill out the form to the right or call us on +44 (0)207 348 1920 to schedule your academy tour today.