Why take this course?
- Get a hands-on insight into our compositing course and how we teach VFX online
- Sample life as a VFX Compositor
- Complete a production grade shot from “Dr Who”
- Be introduced to the industry’s standard compositing tool, NUKE
- Rebuild an entire scene from scratch
- Be introduced to rotoscoping, grading and keying techniques
- Work with matte paintings, 3D geometry, live action plates featuring actors and smoke elements
- Want to know more? Sign up here to watch our live classroom demo
What this course gives you
- Access to Escape’s unique online learning platform
- Q&A support if you need it
- Access to our online community and classroom wall
- Feedback from a tutor on your assignment in week two
- A brief overview of some techniques and processes from our Compositing course
- Free access to a NUKE licence for two weeks
- Can't choose between Compositing for Visual Effects and 3D for Visual Effects? Try both
- Two Weeks
- Start Dates:
- August 11th 2014
- September 29th 2014
- For more details, please read our Terms & Conditions below:
Are you a natural visual effects Compositor?
Find out on our two-week online taster course where you’ll be introduced to professional compositing techniques as well as the industry’s standard tool, NUKE. The role of a Compositor is essential in creating of flawless visual effects, and is a department that needs talented and creative people like you.
This course is perfect...
- For getting a taste of how we teach VFX online
- To find out more about the art of illusion - compositing for visual effects
- To see if learning online is right for you
- To sample the role of a professional compositor
Who is this course for?
- Beginners or more experienced artists - this course adapts to suit all levels
- Anyone who wants to find out more about the art of compositing
- Anyone who is thinking of taking a course with us and would like to try it first
- Busy professionals who need a course that fits with their schedule
Want to know more?
Get in touch with our Admissions Team
*Please note this course requires access to a 64 bit operating system
Our open days often feature guest industry speakers, so you can get a real insight into what life is like as a VFX Artist. Watch this space for more information on when our next industry guest will be joining us and also when our next Open Days will be taking place.
Join us at our London campus to:
- Learn about the specialised jobs in VFX and Compositing
- Understand the course options which suit you
- Be a fly-on-the-wall in one of our classroom courses
- Review successful student reels
- Understand what skills you need to become studio-ready
- Learn about student perks and soak up the atmosphere
- Next open day: 23/7/14 with Andre Dias
André Dias is a London based compositor with a background degree in Audiovisual & Multimedia. In 2011 he moved from Portugal to London to further develop his career by specialising in compositing on Escape Studios' 18 weeks course.
Online Virtual Learning Enviroment Tour
If you are thinking about studying Visual Effects online, then why not arrange for an Online VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) Tour?
The purpose of the Online VLE Tour is to demonstrate how students use our Unique VLE system to study 3D or Compositing for VFX online. If this is something you're interested in, fill out the form to the right and select 'online tour - any date' and we'll be in touch to arrange a suitable date and time. Alternatively call us on +44 (0) 207 348 1920 to schedule your Online Tour today. When selecting your dates and times please note we usually conduct tours Monday - Friday, from 10:00am - 5:00pm UK time (GMT).
Please email email@example.com if you need more information about our Open Day/Online Tours.