Animate a Multi-Legged Creature with Alex Williams
Want an insight into the art of Character Animation? Join us for a free webinar and see how to create a sense of realistic animal motion which looks convincing and is based on the observation of a real life multi-legged creature.
Alex Williams is a film animator and cartoonist who has not only written books such as QC Cartoon Series, but has also worked on well-known titles such as Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Lion King, Pocahontas and Looney Tunes: Back in Action. His passion for animation makes him the best person to host this special Character Animation webinar.
During this free live webinar, you’ll see how to animate a spider in motion:
- Contend with a multi-legged creatures while controlling multiple offset curves, using the industry's leading 3D animation software Maya
- Import a set, extend your time line and add a translation to the world mover so that the spider walks through its environment
- Bake out your curves and add a creature performance to the spider
- Copy and paste curves
- Use infinity curves to smooth the motion
- Create a creature performance
Want to follow along? Download this webinar worksheet and get everything you need prepared before the webinar starts.
This webinar took place on 15 April 2014.
The recording is available now on our VLE here.