How to Enter the Competition
We have been working for weeks on ways in which we could improve CG Whiz – most of which are based on your feedback. The changes we have made are designed to open the competition to a larger number of people but also to give everyone interested in CG a chance to vote for what they believe are the best entries.
The main differences in this year’s edition of CG Whiz are as follows:
HOW TO ENTER
Step 1: First of all, you will need to read the competition rules, which you can find below.
Step 3: Follow the on-screen instructions, fill in the form provided and upload your entry in the form of a video or a set of stills compiled into a video.
1. We only accept AVI, M4V, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPG, WMV formats. Files must not exceed 500MB and 3 minutes long.
2. Only Students, Graduates and Hobbyists who do not work in the creative & entertainment industries can enter the ‘Amateurs Category’.
3. Only professionals with up to 3 years experience working in the creative & entertainment industries can enter the ‘Young Pros Category’.
- Only students, graduates and hobbyists who do not work in the creative or entertainment industries can enter the ‘Amateurs Category’.
- Only young professionals with up to 3 years experience working in the creative and entertainment industries can enter the ‘Young Pros Category’.
- If you are a professional working in an industry other than the creative or entertainment industry then you will be classed as an amateur and can enter the ‘Amateurs Category’.
- Academics and tutors are not eligible to enter this competition.
- Employees of Escape Studios are not eligible to enter this competition.
- Past and current Escape Studios classroom and online mentored students can only enter the Young Pros Category.
- Previous entrants to the CG Whiz competition are allowed to re-enter the competition provided they have never won one of the CG Whiz prizes before.
- To apply, entrants need to fill the competition entry form on the Escape Studios Facebook Page and upload their show reel or their stills compiled into a video.
- Entrants’ details will be shared with the CG Whiz sponsors as part of the judging for the competition.
- Prizes for the ‘Amateurs Category’ will consist of:
- 1st Prize: a 12-week Escape Studios VFX for Production course which will be taken either in London or our Los Angeles facilities, plus a 12-week work placement at The Mill in their London or their Los Angeles facilities. Both the course and the placement must be taken in the same location (either London or Los Angeles).
- 2nd Prize: a 12-month Escape Studios VFX Online Mentored course and a license of the Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite for Education
- ‘Users Choice Prize’: an Escape Studios Maya Essentials online course.
- Prizes for the ‘Young Pros Category’ will consist of:
- 1st Prize: an Escape Studios ZBrush for 3D Artist online course, a Hewlett Packard (HP) Pavilion laptop, and showreel review by our panel of judges
- ‘Users Choice Prize’: an online CGSociety Workshop.
- The closing date for entries is November 12th 2011. Any submission received after this time will not be considered.
- Voting for the Users Choice Prizes will commence on November 14th 2011 and will finish on December 3rd 2011.
- The competition winners will be announced in early December.
- A judging panel consisting of representatives from Escape Studios and the competition sponsors will review all submissions.
- The competition shortlist and winners will be announced on the Escape Studios blogs.
- By entering CG Whiz you give Escape Studios and the sponsors of the CG Whiz competition permission to use any part of the content of your showreel at their discretion in videos, email shots, web pages, magazines, blogs and other promotional items, which Escape Studios or the competition sponsors may produce during and after the competition.
- You further warrant that your showreel is wholly your own work and that you have all the necessary licenses, rights and consents from the owners of any copyright materials used in your showreel. Showreels remain the property and responsibility of the entrant at all times.
- An entry may be withdrawn from the competition at any time by sending an email to CGWhiz@escapestudios.com.
- Escape Studios reserves the right to remove and disqualify entries that are deemed to contain inappropriate material, such as sexually explicit, racist or discriminatory content.