Our jobs board connects VFX professionals - putting companies in touch with talent in the most linear way possible. We invite employers to post their latest vacancies or contracts onto our jobs board and we invite freelancers and job seekers to connect with these clients directly. So make our jobs board your first port of call when advertising or seeking a job in the VFX industry!
Junior UX Designer
- Job Id:
- Job Type:
Smart software for creative people.
There are three things that make The Foundry unique:
- 1.Our forward-thinking approach to making creative software
- 2.The people that drive it
- 3.Meaningful relationships with our customers
Our software solutions are anything but ordinary. The workflows they create serve multiple industries and generally make doing creative things a walk in the park.
We know that tools in VFX are also relevant to designers and vice versa. It’s that understanding that helps us to develop flexible, open products that solve problems. The portfolio is as creative as it is technical, packed full of ground-breaking award-winning techy goodness that will have even the most demanding organization or one-man-show salivating. We are a little bit proud of what we achieve at The Foundry and want to take you on our journey with us.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and versatile, junior UX Designer to join a new product team. This is an excellent opportunity to in a start-up-like environment, contributing to new, cool experiences on web, desktop, and mobile. The candidate will work closely with the Product, Development and Marketing team.
The ideal candidate is a recent graduate from an art, design or multi-media program with a strong portfolio in user-experience design and also has a passion drawing and art. You must be tech savvy, can thrive learn in a fast-paced environment, be willing to learn and adapt quickly, and have strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- • Able to create mock-ups and production graphics of user interface treatments for web and desktop/mobile apps
- • Creation original concept art -- the ability to work quickly and produce express different artistic styles and genres is a benefit
- • Collaborate with Product Design, Development and Quality Assurance for on-going improvements to software and online properties
- • Write basic design specifications and other internal documents
- • Ability to make and give presentations, communicating design concepts and engaging feedback from internal stakeholders and external customers/beta testers The requirements
- • Strong sense of design -- graphics & interactions (portfolio required)
- • Skilled with suite of software applications to develop user interface, from concept mock- ups & interaction to final deliverable assets to development
- • Tech savvy, with knowledge of both desktop, web and mobile operating systems
- • Detail-oriented, able to take creative direction and adhere to brand and style guidelines
- • Strong spoken and written English
- • Excellent time management and discipline to work to set deadlines
- • Familiar with some of the popular digital painting applications (i.e. Painter, SAI, SketchBook, Art Rage, Procreate)
- • A passion for art, design and all things creative
- • Fearless to learn new things Desired Skills
- • Illustration and free-hand drawing/painting skills - ability to create original art/conceptual work
If you meet the criteria, are eligible to work and are interested, please send your covering letter, CV, salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com with the subject “Junior UX Designer”.
To receive regular training opportunities register your interest here.